Tiffany A. Jenca counsels employers on a wide range of issues arising under both federal and state law. She routinely conducts internal investigations, provides staff and managerial training, assists employers with complex wage and hour issues, advises on day-to-day employment decisions, and drafts resources tailored to specific business needs, such as handbooks, restrictive covenant agreements, separation agreements, and bonus plans.
Tiffany also represents employers in all manner of employment disputes. She is experienced in restrictive covenant litigation, represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board, and defends employers in individual and class actions against discrimination, retaliation, wage, and compensation claims.
Tiffany earned her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from the University of Akron. Tiffany earned her law degree, cum laude, from Duquesne University School of Law.
- Defended numerous wage and hour class and collective actions alleging misclassification of independent contractors under federal, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania law.
- Counseled companies in the manufacturing, administrative services, and education sectors with regard to union organizing campaigns.
- Successfully persuaded the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit that a private hospital’s decision to terminate a public university student from its nurse anesthetist program for refusal to submit to a drug test does not constitute state action, which resulted in a precedential decision overturning a $1.5M jury verdict. Certioraridenied.
- Secured a total dismissal of a six-count action against a non-profit organization and its CEO in Pennsylvania state court.
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- University of Akron, B.S., cum laude, 2005
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Pittsburgh Human Resources Association, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$