Tiffany Payne Geyer practices primarily in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. She has represented both corporate and individual debtors in Chapter 11 cases, and individuals in Chapter 7 cases.
Her clients include healthcare businesses and medical professionals, investment bankers and financial advisors. She has also represented clients in the hospitality sectors, and has assisted in representing debtors in the energy sectors.
Tiffany has negotiated multiple settlements of guarantor liability and has experience with assignments for the benefit of creditors. Tiffany has also represented secured creditors, unsecured creditors, landlords and panel trustees.
- Defeated two count complaint against Paramount Disaster Recovery, LLC, by condominium association seeking a declaratory judgment that the association’s assignment of an insurance claim to Paramount was invalid. In re Chadham by the Sea Homeowner’s Association, Inc.,Case No. 6:17-bk-00520-KSJ; Adv. Pro. 6:17-ap-00029-KSJ.
- Represented an unsecured creditor in obtaining dismissal of an individual Chapter 11 case. In re Walden, Case No. 6:16-bk-06346-CJJ.
- Represented a landlord in obtaining dismissal of a corporate Chapter 11 case. In re Devroc Homes, Inc., 6:12-bk-01359-KSJ.
- Drafted successful objections to administrative claims of working interest owners, resulting in the disallowance of multiple multimillion-dollar administrative claims, assisting debtor in obtaining the confirmation of the Chapter 11 plan. In re Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations, LLC, Case No. 15-34287.
- Served as Chapter 7 debtor’s counsel for investment bankers and financial advisors in individual Chapter 7 cases, obtaining discharge of FINRA arbitration awards.
- Assisted lead counsel in obtaining confirmation of Chapter 11 plans reorganizing more than $200 million in debt for two timeshare developers. Island One Resorts, Inc., et al. Lead Case No. 6:10-bk-16177-KSJ; Tempus Resorts International LTD., et al., Lead Case No. 6:10-bk-20709-KSJ.
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association (CFBLA)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- March of Dimes Executive Team for Signature Chef Auction: Member (2018)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Gala Committee (2012 to 2015)
- Coordinated BakerHostetler fundraising efforts to deliver direct support to employees of the Pulse Nightclub following the 2016 shooting in Orlando.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2000; Book Award for Legal Drafting; Member of Trial Competition Team
- B.A., Political Science and Public Administration, University of Central Florida, 1998, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2002
Rate : $$$$