Tim Cochrane is an associate in the Firm’s North American Litigation group in New York. He is a New Zealand Barrister and Solicitor, and is also licensed to practice in New York and England and Wales. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie’s New York office, Tim spent two years in the Firm’s Dispute Resolution team in London. He worked on cross-border UK Bribery Act and corruption investigations, as well as large-scale commercial fraud litigation and arbitration.
From 2010 until mid-2014 Tim worked at one of New Zealand’s largest law firms, focusing on commercial litigation and regulatory matters, including anti-bribery matters. He gained significant trial and appellate experience in the NZ High Court, Court of Appeal, and administrative tribunals.
Tim’s areas of practice include white collar criminal defense, investigations, compliance and regulatory matters, and complex civil litigation. He has significant experience with high-value, multijurisdictional commercial investigations and disputes, including litigation and arbitration and other government-facing disputes.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (Distinction) (2015)
- University of Otago (BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics First Class Honours) (2010)
- University of Otago (LLB) (2010)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2018)
- New York~United States (2016)
- New Zealand (2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Zealand Law Society
- New York State Bar Association
- The American Society of International Law
- International Bar Association
Rate : $$$