Timothy Work represents financial institutions and their officers in cross-border internal investigations and enforcement actions before the SEC and DOJ. Tim regularly participates in SEC enforcement and private securities litigation matters involving the Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
The intense media coverage generated by some of these matters has required Tim, as part of Steptoe’s team, to provide advice in rapidly shifting situations, whether in preparing clients for testimony or interviews, interacting with prosecutors and Division of Enforcement attorneys, or carefully reacting to press reports that could affect clients’ interests.
Tim’s work on these matters is informed by his previous experience as a corporate and capital markets lawyer at an international law firm in Germany, where he advised clients on a variety of cross-border transactions.
Tim also has extensive commercial litigation experience, focusing on private securities suits, follow-on civil matters related to enforcement actions, and litigation against state and federal government agencies. In both financial and non-financial matters where clients have been injured or threatened by private parties, Tim assists in building partnerships with law enforcement officials to investigate and prosecute criminal wrongdoing.
- German-American Lawyers’ Association
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Global Law Scholar, The Georgetown Law Journal
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010, with distinction, Securities & Financial Regulation
- M.S.F.S., Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, 2010, International Business & Finance
- B.A., Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, 2004, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$