Timothy E. Biller’s practice focuses on administrative law and the regulation of energy and telecommunications companies. Tim’s practice focuses on federal and state regulation in the energy and telecommunications sectors, including ratemaking, regulatory approval of corporate transactions, certification of transmission and generation facilities, and FCC wireless licensing.
Tim was formerly an attorney in the Office of General Counsel at the Virginia State Corporation Commission where he focused on the regulation of electric, gas, telecommunications, water, and sewer utilities.
- Represent electric and gas utilities in rate proceedings before state regulatory commission.
- Represent electric, water and gas utilities in rate proceedings before state regulatory commission.
- Represent electric utility in certification proceeding for electric transmission facilities.
- Represent power plant developers in state regulatory proceedings for the certification of gas-fired generating facilities.
- Represent private toll road in proceedings before state regulatory commission.
- Represent electric cooperative in proceeding to determine pole attachments rates for cable company before state regulatory commission.
- Represent water utility in proceedings before state regulatory commission for approval of financings and corporate transactions.
- Analyze state regulatory compliance requirements in support of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and investment in renewable generation facilities.
- Represent electric generation owners seeking authorization from the FCC to transfer wireless license in connection with a corporate transaction.
- Represent telecommunications company in proceedings before state regulatory commission.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, Senior Articles Editor, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal, 2010
- BA, Tufts University, magna cum laude, 2005
- Board of Governors, Administrative Law Section, Virginia State Bar
- Section Council, Administrative Law Section, Virginia Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
Rate : $$$$