Timothy Billion practices primarily in Robins Kaplan’s Business Litigation Group and has represented clients in a variety of disputes. Regardless of the type or size of case, Tim uses the litigation process to maximize strategic advantage while staying focused on the client’s goals.
Tim has represented clients in contract and fraud claims, earn-out disputes, employment disputes, class action lawsuits, personal injury claims, constitutional litigation, and criminal proceedings.
Tim has experience at every stage of the litigation, including:
- Initial case assessment, development, and investigation
- Managing discovery and related motion practice
- Working with expert witnesses
- Dispositive motion briefing and oral argument
- Post-judgment briefing and appeals
In addition, Tim has experience resolving disputes through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
Tim attended law school at the University of Minnesota School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. During law school, Tim also served as a managing editor for the Minnesota Law Review.
Prior to joining Robins Kaplan, Tim clerked for a federal district court judge in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and practiced general litigation for two years with a large law firm in Minneapolis.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., Order of the Coif (2013); Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor and Social Chair (2012-2013), Staff Member (2011-2012)
- Grinnell College, B.A. in History, with honors (2008)
- South Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota State Bar Association
- South Dakota State Bar Indian Law Committee
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota
Rate : $$$$