Timothy Chou focuses on domestic and international patent procurement, strategic patent portfolio management, and post-grant patent proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He has prepared and prosecuted patent applications in a wide array of technology areas including cloud computing, distributed systems, cryptography, computer networks, and operating systems.
Timothy has additional experience preparing and prosecuting patents in semiconductor devices and fabrication, telecommunications, and wireless technologies. Prior to entering legal practice, Timothy worked as a software development engineer at Microsoft Corporation with extensive technical expertise in mobile applications, operating systems, file systems, and database systems.
He has additional work experience in computer and electrical hardware at Lucent Technologies, Inc. (now Alcatel-Lucent S.A.) and Motorola, Inc.
- Law Clerk, 2015-2016 and 2014-2015; Summer Associate, 2014 – Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle
- Summer Associate, Haynes and Boone LLP, 2015 and 2014
- Clinic Student, University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, Seattle, 2014-2015
- Software Development Engineer, Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash., 2008-2013
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2016
- B.S., Electrical & Computer Engineering, Cornell University, 2007
Rate : $$$$