Timothy S. Crisp is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. His clients and transactions span the nation, with focus in Wisconsin and Chicago, and are in a variety of industries, including banks, finance companies, manufacturers and technology companies.
Mr. Crisp is a member of the firm’s Finance & Financial Institutions; Consumer Financial Services; Health Care Finance; and Privacy, Security & Information Management Practices.
Mr. Crisp represents lenders and borrowers in commercial and asset-based loan transactions, workouts, turnarounds, bond transactions, equipment leases and cross-border transactions.
Mr. Crisp regularly counsels consumer finance companies regarding licensure matters and compliance with the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Credit Billing Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, National Automated Clearing House Association rules, and state consumer credit, privacy, debt management services and debt collection laws. He also handles distressed company sales and divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, and private equity investments.
Mr. Crisp assists financing entities and users in aircraft financing and registration.
Mr. Crisp graduated from Duke Law School (J.D., 1990) where he was an articles editor of the Duke Journal of Comparative and International Law. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Yale University in 1987.
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Mr. Crisp is a member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section (Commercial Financial Services, Consumer Financial Services, Uniform Commercial Code, Legal Opinions, Negotiated Transactions and Banking Law Committees); and the State Bar of Wisconsin, Business Law Section and Committee on Standard Forms of Legal Opinions. He is admitted to practice in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Oregon.
Representative Matters :
- Foley represented private equity firm Woodlawn Partners, LLC, in the purchase of a controlling interest in Pacific Aviation Corporation.
- Represented Woodlawn Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, in structuring the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Universal Tank & Fabrication, Inc., an Iowa-based corporation in the business of manufacturing and supply of pressure vessels and tanks.
- Consideration for the transaction involved a combination of cash, a promissory note, and an infusion of equity securities of a Woodlawn Partners investment vehicle (Woodlawn Partners III, LLC).
- Foley also assisted the buyer in securing traditional senior debt and mezzanine financing to facilitate the asset purchase, successfully negotiating all financing documents. In addition to negotiating and drafting the purchase agreement, Foley attorneys negotiated and drafted employment agreements with key seller employees to ensure the acquired business assets would continue to be effectively managed following closing.
- The UT&F transaction follows closely after Foley’s recent successful representation of Woodlawn Partners in its acquisition of Burrow Construction, Inc.
- Represented Hy Cite Enterprises, a consumer products warehouser and consumer sales finance company, in connection with its financing, agented by PNC Bank, and consumer financial programs, regulatory compliance, and licensing.
Rate : $$$$