For over 25 years, Timothy R. Dodson has structured and negotiated arrangements for the procurement and implementation of software, systems or IT-enabled services across the enterprise.
During his career, Tim has managed these transactions from all perspectives, but for the last 12+ years Tim has focused on the “customer-side” and guided customers through a wide swath of transactions, including primarily:
- Outsourcing transactions of all varieties (ITO, BPO, ADM, HRO, F&A, Managed Network Services, Managed Security Services, etc.);
- Cloud services arrangements (Software-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, etc.);
- Enterprise software implementation projects (ERP, CRM, banking/insurance/wealth management platforms, etc.).
These arrangements have spanned the globe, the leading vendors/service providers and a broad range of industries, especially banking, insurance, wealth management and other financial services, hospitality, retail, consumer products, airline, software and data analytics.
Prior to joining the Bryan Cave team, Tim spent 12+ years working “both sides of the aisle”, either on behalf of or opposite technology providers.
- Tim began his technology practice as outside counsel in Boston and then Atlanta, representing not only customers implementing technology or services but also emerging technology companies in their engagements with customers. Tim also assisted those emerging companies in their capital-raising, partnership-forging and corporate development efforts, and has written extensively about the venture capital and capital-raising process.
- He then served as Technology Counsel for The Coca-Cola Company, where he handled the Company’s technology sourcing and outsourcing arrangements and advised the Company with respect to its initial forays into Internet and electronic commerce matters.
- Tim then served as General Counsel of WebTone Technologies, a banking software provider, responsible for all contract negotiations with customers and strategic/technology partners as well as for the Company’s capital-raising and M&A endeavors. Before joining his Bryan Cave colleagues, Tim shepherded the Company through several rounds of financings, multiple acquisitions and its sale to Fidelity Information Services.
The depth and breadth of Tim’s experience, and his insight into both his client’s and the service provider’s objectives and constraints, uniquely qualify him to guide your company through its strategic sourcing arrangement.
A native of Quincy, Florida, Tim has resided in Atlanta for the better part of his adult life. In his younger years, Tim played intercollegiate golf at Princeton, where he served as Captain, won the Ivy League Championship, was 3-times All-Ivy League and participated in the NCAA Championships.
- Harvard University, M.B.A., 1994
- Research Fellowship in Entrepreneurship/Venture Capital
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1984
- Princeton University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1981
Admissions : Georgia, 1984
Rate : $$$$