Timothy J. Eifler is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville office and has been with the firm since 1994. He serves as the chair of the Tax practice and is also a member of the Business Litigation practice with a focus on Appellate Law and Class Action.
He is involved in all aspects of the firm’s tax practice, but has concentrated in complex state and local tax planning, audit defense and federal, state and local tax controversies.
A significant portion of Tim’s practice has also focused on tax-motivated transactional matters and the negotiation and implementation of state and local tax incentives, including tax credits, wage assessments, sales and use tax refunds and property tax abatements.
In addition to handling matters before the federal, state and local taxing authorities, administrative tribunals and federal and state courts, he has represented clients before the Kentucky General Assembly on legislative matters. Tim’s work includes drafting legislation and preparing comments for legislative hearings for various trade groups.
Tim is a member of the Louisville, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, and American Bar associations. Since 1994, he has been involved with the taxation sections of the Louisville, Kentucky and American Bar Associations. He also finds time to give back to the community by serving on the Boards of Directors of various nonprofit organizations.
- University of Richmond School of Law 1994, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Richmond 1994, M.B.A., magna cum laude
- University of Virginia 1991, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association, Taxation Section, chair, 1998; co-chair, 1997
- Council on State Taxation, practitioner member
- Energy and Mineral Law Foundation
- Kentucky correspondent for CCH Publishing’s CCH State Income Tax Alert
- Contributor to CCH Publishing’s “Practitioner Comment” program for CCH Kentucky State Tax Reporter
- Community Catholic Center, Inc., board of directors
- Greater Louisville, Inc., member, Taxation Section
- Kentucky Commission on Small Business Advocacy
Rate : $$$