Timothy P. FitzSimons’ practice focuses on public and private M&A with an emphasis on friendly and unsolicited tender offers, and he has advised companies on transactions totaling more than US$100 billion. Tim represents directors in conflict of interest transactions and corporate governance and shareholder activism/takeover defense matters.
He also has represented private equity and venture capital investors and portfolio companies in financing and general company representation matters and financial advisors in M&A transactions, working with bulge bracket and boutique investment banks.
Tim regularly speaks and writes on M&A topics, including articles on developments in public company M&A matters, activist hedge funds, and corporate governance matters.
- Northwestern University (J.D. 2002);
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. 1999)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois and New York
- Conagra Brands acquires Pinnacle Foods for $10.9 billion in cash and stock
- Syntel acquired by Atos S.E. for approximately $3.57 billion
- The Carlyle Group sells Signode Industrial Group Holdings to Crown Holdings, Inc. for $4 billion
- Koch Equity Development commits $650 million preferred equity financing to support Meredith Corporation’s $2.8 billion acquisition of Time, Inc.
- Koch Industries subsidiary provides common and preferred equity financing commitments to an affiliate of Vista Equity Partners in connection with Vista’s proposed acquisition of Solera Holdings, Inc. for approximately $6.5 billion
- Advised A123 Systems in its US$275 million sale to Wanxiang Group Corporation through a bankruptcy auction.
- Advised GTCR in its US$267 million acquisition by tender offer of Global Traffic Network and its US$447 million acquisition by tender offer of Vocus.
Rate : $$$$