Timothy W. Gilbert focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions, master servicers and special servicers in connection with the origination and servicing of commercial mortgage loans and other credit facilities, the disposition of distressed commercial properties and the exercise of remedies, such as receiverships, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures and workouts.
Mr. Gilbert also has extensive experience representing national institutional lenders in the origination and servicing of real estate loans for commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) transactions and loan syndications collateralized by retail, office, industrial, multi-family, hospitality and health care properties.
He regularly represents special servicers in loan sale transactions and the modification and restructuring of large defaulted mortgage loans.
Mr. Gilbert also represents traditional and capital market lenders in a wide variety of other secured and unsecured complex commercial lending transactions and has experience in a broad range of other commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and development.
- Represented national institutional lender in the restructuring of a $220 million loan involving commercial office properties in 19 states.
- Represented a CMBS Special Servicer in the restructuring of a $135 million loan secured by 10 office buildings in Massachusetts and New Jersey.
- Represented a CMBS Special Servicer as lead counsel in the restructuring of a $138.1 million loan in a multi-state transaction secured by three office buildings.
- Represented a large U.S. bank in a $112 million real estate loan syndication of an office tower in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented the portfolio management group of a large U.S. bank in the servicing of over 160 commercial permanent and construction loans
- Represented a CMBS special servicer in the settlement of a $165 million loan and acquisition of the collateral office building in Atlanta, Georgia.
Represented the lender in the origination of a $40 million construction/permanent loan for a luxury residential condominium development in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented a CMBS Special Servicer in the restructuring of a $238 million loan in a multi-state transaction secured by nine government tenant office buildings.
- Represented two of the largest U.S. banks as lead counsel in the origination of over $3 billion in CMBS permanent loans secured by office, retail and multi-family properties nationwide.
- Represented a CMBS Special Servicer in the restructuring of a $162.5 million loan secured by resort improvements on the island of Makena, Hawaii.
- Represented a large U.S. bank in a $105 million real estate loan syndication of an office building in Denver, Colorado.
- Represented a CMBS Special Servicer in the restructuring of a $183.8 million loan secured by 16 office buildings in Colorado.
- Represented borrower/developer in acquisition/construction/permanent financing for two retail shopping centers in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. (1981)
- Wake Forest University, B.A., Politics (1978)
- North Carolina (1981)
Rate : $$$$