Timothy J. Murphy is Of Counsel in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Tax & International Law Practice Group. Tim has over 30 years of experience practicing corporate, tax and immigration law, and is well-versed in state and administrative law.
He counsels foreign nationals on doing business in the United States with issues ranging from personal investments and visas to multi-million dollar corporate transactions. Tim currently serves as a Board Member of Catholic Charities Legal Services and is the past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s South Florida Chapter. He has participated in seminars on the tax aspects of foreign investments with the Florida Bar Association and University of Miami.
- Harvard University, LL.M., 1976
- Washington & Lee University , J.D. cum laude, 1970
- University of Georgia, A.B., 1968
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Board Member, Catholic Charities Legal Services
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida House of Representatives (1982—1984)
- Past President, American Immigration Lawyers Association South Florida Chapter
Rate : $$$