Inside counsel and HR and benefits leaders alike turn to Timothy Stanton for advice and representation on their health and welfare and other employee benefit challenges. He counsels insurers, banks and other financial services companies, wholesalers and retailers, utilities, food companies and manufacturers, and other clients.
Tim helps steer clients through the shoals of Affordable Care Act compliance and HIPAA privacy and security (including data breaches), and helps them establish and maintain exchange-based health plans and consumer-directed plans.
Clients also seek his advice on retiree medical strategies, complex benefits services agreements, and transgender health coverage and other cutting-edge benefits design issues.
Years spent as a reporter and editor before starting his law practice honed Tim’s communication skills. He is proud to be accused of speaking and writing clearly and not sounding like a lawyer.
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1994
- B.A., with honors, University of Wisconsin, 1988
Admitted to Practice : Illinois
- American Bar Association (Tax and Business Law Sections)
- American Benefits Council
- Human Resources Management Association of Chicago
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network (WEB) Program Committee, Chicago (Member, 2005-present; Chairman, 2006-2008)
Rate : $$$$