Timothy I. Kahler is a transactional lawyer and business counsel to public and private companies, financial institutions, investors, startup companies, entrepreneurs and global companies investing in the U.S. By focusing on client goals, he helps achieve practical and creative solutions that maximize outcomes.
Tim represents clients in mergers and acquisitions transactions, financings through public and private securities offerings, joint ventures, intellectual property licenses, employment agreements, securities law compliance, and day-to-day business matters.
He has in-depth experience representing companies in several industries, including pharmaceuticals, finance and capital, traditional and alternative energy, entertainment and intellectual property, healthcare and medical devices, real estate, defense, telecommunications, technology, textiles and apparel, automotive parts, and natural resources.
Tim represents parties to mergers, stock sales, asset sales or other M&A transactions. He also plans, negotiates and documents transactions for startups and emerging companies, including business plans, private placement memorandums, subscription documents, founder agreements, and compensation plans and arrangements.
Tim regularly represents financial institutions such as broker-dealers and private equity and hedge funds in formation and ownership changes. He serves as counsel to executives and companies in negotiating and documenting employment and compensation packages and to issuers and underwriters or placement agents in public offerings and private placement transactions. Tim is a former certified public accountant with an international public accounting firm.
Representative Matters :
- Provided counsel in the private equity funding of a foreign medical supplies manufacturer and U.S. distribution license.
- Served as counsel in the sale of a manufacturer of pharmaceutical and nutritional ingredients.
- Assisted an oil and gas driller with financing.
- Assisted with private equity investments in public and private companies.
- Provided counsel with respect to the acquisition of the rights to own and develop a celebrity’s name, image and story.
- Handled a roll-up transaction to acquire U.S. and Canadian entertainment businesses.
- Assisted with joint ventures for the development of Manhattan office and residential buildings.
Professional and Community Involvement : Washington State Bar Association
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1983
- University of Washington, B.A., cum laude, 1975
BAR ADMISSIONS : Washington, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
Rate : $$$