Timothy C. McCarthy is a management-side labor and employment lawyer, He puts himself in his clients’ shoes enabling him to advise them in a way that will help them move forward and cultivate long-term, results instead of just providing a quick-fix for a single matter. He has developed a practice representing public and private-sector clients in a wide variety of labor relations and employment matters, including:
- Organizational campaigns and elections
- Contract negotiations
- Litigation before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the State Employment Relations Board, and state and federal courts.
Tim is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, where he has successfully represented employers, as well as in the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. His collaborative approach allows him to effectively negotiate labor agreements and educate the union on alignment and mutual interests that need to be pursued with employers.
He also regularly advises employers on a host of employment-related issues, such as discrimination matters involving federal and state laws, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), compliance, and sexual harassment.
In addition to his labor and employment practice, Tim represents a wide variety of governmental clients, including universities and school districts. He advises on the full range of public law issues, including sunshine laws, faculty tenure and renewal issues, student privacy and discipline matters, and special education requirements.
- J.D., with honors, Ohio State University College of Law, Order of the Coif, 1979
- B.A., summa cum laude, Ohio State University, 1976
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 1979
- United States Supreme Court
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association Labor Law Committee, past Secretary
- Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys
- Former Mayor and City Council President of Perrysburg, Ohio and current City Council Member
Rate : $$$