Timothy B. McConnell, a shareholder in the Knoxville office, practices employment litigation. Mr. McConnell counsels and defends clients in cases filed in both federal and state courts in matters arising under Title VII, the ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA and state-specific employment laws.
Mr. McConnell regularly represents clients in matters pending before the EEOC and the Tennessee Human Rights Commission. Mr. McConnell’s employment practice also focuses on:
- Providing management and employee training programs on various employment law-related topics, including workplace harassment and discrimination prevention, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Program and union avoidance.
- Counseling and advising employers through reviews and audits of employee handbooks and policies, as well as day-to-day advice on employment law-related issues, including discipline and terminations, leave, disability accommodation, and policy formulation and enforcement.
In addition to his employment law practice, Mr. McConnell has a diverse litigation practice. He has significant experience representing clients in both state and federal courts in commercial and tort matters, including successfully litigating cases involving claims of breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, tortious interference with business relationships and bad faith.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 1997
- East Tennessee State University, B.S., 1991
- Tennessee, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 1999
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2008
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Knox County Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and American Bar Association (Member of Litigation and Employment Sections)
- Member – Society for Human Resource Management
- Former Co-Chair – Baker Donelson’s Labor & Employment Group
- Member – Tennessee Valley Human Resource Association, President, 2010; Board of Directors, 2006 – 2011
- Legislative/Legal Director – Tennessee SHRM State Council, 2006 – 2009
Rate : $$$