Timothy Newman is a litigator who represents clients in government enforcement actions, cybersecurity matters, and complex litigation. Tim counsels public and private companies, financial services organizations, and executives under investigation by government agencies including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and state regulators.
He also helps clients who have suffered major data breaches navigate the investigations, disclosures, and litigation that follow a breach, and he helps clients develop programs and policies that minimize cyber risk. A former federal law clerk, Tim also defends clients in complex litigation, including class actions and securities litigation.
Outside of the firm, Tim is an active member of the legal community, having served as a director of the Texas Young Lawyers Association, the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, and the Texas Aggie Bar Association. He currently serves as treasurer of the TYLA and president-elect of the TABA and has been recognized for his dedication and service:
- TYLA Outstanding Director, 2017-2018
- TYLA Outstanding First-Year Director, 2016-2017
- DAYL Outstanding Committee Chair, 2016
- DAYL Leadership Class Member, 2012
In 2012, Tim served as a visiting prosecutor for the City of Arlington, Texas, trying five cases to jury verdict. He has also represented numerous clients through the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, including trying a state-court matter to jury verdict in 2013.
- J.D., William & Mary Law School, 2009, Editor in Chief, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal
- B.A., History, Texas A&M University, 2006, Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets, 2001-2005
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Andrew S. Hanen, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Texas, 2009-2010
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2009
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$