Timothy O. Trant II’s practice focuses on real estate, business, and environmental consulting. Tim’s background in civil engineering offers an analytical approach and technical knowledge base that is unique in his field.
In every engagement, Tim seeks to establish a clear vision of his clients’ objectives and then uses his entrepreneurial experience, business acumen, and detailed knowledge of the law to help his clients develop creative, economical, and practical solutions to accomplish their objectives.
As a highly effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, Tim is able to build consensus, implement solutions, and achieve results in the most challenging of situations. Tim’s clients range from large, multi-national corporations to family businesses to individuals.
His real estate practice includes: structuring acquisition entities, zoning/permitting, financing, construction, and leasing. Tim’s business practice includes: formation of entities and joint ventures, contract development, regulatory compliance, acquisitions, dispositions, and general corporate governance.
- Virginia Military Institute; B.S., Civil Engineering, with distinction, 1998
- College of William & Mary School of Law; J.D., 2002
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Newport News Bar Association
- Williamsburg Bar Association
- Economic Development Authority for the City of Poquoson; Board Member
- Real Estate/Land Use
- Relationship management and primary representation of a joint venture in the zoning, development, financing, and sale of a 5000 acre mixed-used Planned Unit Development
- Representation of a joint venture in its development of a 700 acre, neo-urban, mixed-use project including rezoning, environmental permitting, and property owner association planning
- Primary representation of multiple entities in a $25 million 1031 exchange to include reinvestment due diligence and consultation on projects ranging in type from raw land to commercial office buildings and ranging in geographic location from Florida to Boston
- Formation of new entities and joint ventures
- Representation of numerous closely held companies in connection with contract development, formation of subsidiaries, restructuring, partner/shareholder buy-ins and by-outs, acquisition and sale of assets, financing, general corporate governance, and succession planning
- Representation of regional engineering firm in acquisition of local engineering firm
- Representation of owner/operators in restaurant acquisitions
Rate : $$$