Mr. Timothy D. Tremba counsels individuals, private companies, public entities, and higher education institutions on litigation, labor relations, and workplace compliance. He represents clients in both federal and state court, and before administrative agencies, such as the NLRB, EEOC and PERC, in cases involving alleged employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, breach of restrictive covenant, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, unfair labor practices, ERISA violations, and violations of wage and hour laws.
Mr. Tremba also represents private and public sector clients in collective bargaining with union workforces, conducts workforce audits, drafts and edits employee handbooks and separation agreements, and provides counseling on complex, multi-jurisdictional workplace compliance issues.
Prior to joining Gibbons, Mr. Tremba served as law clerk to the Honorable Joseph L. Yannotti, Presiding Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division. During his clerkship, Mr. Tremba was responsible for preparing comprehensive analyses of complex legal issues to aid appellate panels in their deliberations. Before this position, Mr. Tremba worked as a law clerk in the civil litigation practice of a prominent law firm and served as a judicial intern in both the state and federal trial courts of Newark, New Jersey.
In law school, Mr. Tremba served as Managing Notes Editor of the Rutgers Law Review and was selected for membership on the Rutgers Moot Court Board, following his performance in the appeal of a moot court case alleging violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D., cum laude)
- Recipient, Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Managing Notes Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- Member, Rutgers Moot Court Board
- Boston College, Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences (B.A.)
- Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan(International Exchange Program)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Law clerk to the Honorable Joseph L. Yannotti, Presiding Judge of the Appellate Division, New Jersey Superior Court, Newark, NJ, 2014-2015
- Intern to the Honorable Susan D. Wigenton, United States District Judge, District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2012
- Intern to the Honorable Dennis F. Carey, III, Presiding Civil Judge, New Jersey Superior Court, Essex Vicinage, Newark, NJ, 2011-2012
Rate : $$$