Timothy J. Young is the administrative partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and vice-chair of the firm-wide General Liability Practice. He has 32 years of litigation experience representing various commercial entities including retailers, restaurants, hospitality providers, taverns, associations, product manufacturers, transportation companies and construction contractors in matters of serious and catastrophic personal injuries as well as commercial disputes.
Since 1985 Tim has tried to jury verdict over 40 cases in Illinois and Wisconsin and has managed numerous cases at arbitration and mediation.
- Marquette University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1985
- Miami University, Bachelor of Science, 1981
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
United States District Courts :
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Associations : American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Legal Experience :
- Tried to verdict catastrophic injury case of high school student run over by turning commercial trucker resulting in split verdict with post trial work resulting in new trial.
- Summary judgment for security guard company when guard was accused of raping visitor to apartment complex.
- Defended horse boarding stable in catastrophic injury case relating to Illinois statute regarding willfully serving minors.
- Defended down state Illinois school district in seven suits involving claims of sexual grooming and molestation by male junior high dean.
- Defended middle school baseball coach in case alleging sexual abuse and molestation relating to repressed memory.
Rate : $$$$