Ms. Tina Bengs counsels business clients on various employment and labor issues relating to the ADA, ADEA, FMLA, worker’s compensation, Title VII, unemployment, termination and discipline, labor issues and collective bargaining agreements, FLSA, NLRA, employment policies and handbooks, and other Indiana and Federal employment laws.
She strives to assist her clients in determining best practices that conform with the law and with the business’ directives. She also represents clients in employment litigation matters at the local, State, and Federal agency level and in State and Federal court.
Finally, she represents clients in ERISA and bad faith litigation including the litigation of pension, life, health, disability, and employee benefits issues. Ms. Bengs speaks on a variety of employment and labor topics for several business associations and also conducts internal training for clients.
- J.D., cum laude, Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, 1996
- B.S., (Mathematics) Indiana University – Bloomington, 1989
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors, 2009-2015; Chairperson for the Board, 2014)
- Northwest Indiana Worker’s Compensation Institute
- NWI Society of Human Resource Management
- Indiana Bar Association
Rate : $$$