Tina M. Tabacchi, Partner-in-Charge of the Chicago Office, is a commercial litigator with a focus on the health care, pharmaceutical, and life sciences industries and on False Claims Act litigation. She has experience in a broad range of federal, state, and administrative proceedings, including multidistrict and class action litigation and matters involving various tort, consumer fraud claims, and RICO.
She also has handled Hatch-Waxman intellectual property and pharmaceutical products liability cases, government contract litigation, government and internal investigations, and contract and licensing disputes. In addition, Tina has successfully resolved numerous matters through mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Tina has served as counsel for a national pharmacy in connection with lawsuits asserting claims under the federal False Claims Act, the False Claims Acts of numerous individual states based on purported violations of the Anti-Kickback Statute, state attorney general, and private class action lawsuits.
Tina has had substantial responsibility in the Firm’s ongoing national representations of several pharmaceutical manufacturer clients in U.S. Department of Justice and state attorney general investigations and related federal, state, and multidistrict consumer class and individual actions. She counsels clients on health care and pharmaceutical compliance, contract, and licensing issues.
Tina serves as a member of the Firm’s Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement Committee and on the board of the Chicago Civic Consulting Alliance.
- The Ohio State University (J.D. 1991; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Law Journal);
- Miami University (A.B. magna cum laude 1988; Phi Beta Kappa)
- Illinois; U.S. District Courts for the Northern (Trial Bar), Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois and the Western Districts of Wisconsin and Michigan; and
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal, First, Seventh, Eighth, and Tenth Circuits
- Law Clerk to Judge William W. Bivins,
- New Mexico Court of Appeals (1991 term)
- National retailer defends against tort and public nuisance claims related to prescription opiate MDL
- Fortune 40 company defends against FCA claims by former contractor
- National retail pharmacy obtains dismissal of purported False Claims Act claims
- Woodward obtains affirmance by Seventh Circuit of summary judgment ruling in its favor in qui tam lawsuit alleging False Claims Act violations
- National health care provider defends against anti-kickback allegations under Federal and State False Claims Acts
- DePaul University wins appeal affirming dismissal of putative class action about employment statistics
- Abbott and TAP Pharmaceutical defend against Average Wholesale Price (AWP) litigation
- Abbott obtains approval of class action settlement
- Abbott and other pharmaceutical manufacturers successfully defend against Texas state court action alleging Medicare fraud
- Abbott pursues patent infringement and related litigation involving HYTRIN®.
Rate : $$$