Tirso M. Carreja, Jr. is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is Co-Chair of the Business Litigation Practice Group. He regularly represents developers, large companies, lending institutions, REITS, small businesses and individuals in real estate litigation and transactional matters.
He routinely works throughout the state of Florida and beyond helping clients with their real estate needs, including:
- property acquisition and development;
- telecommunications, commercial, industrial, retail, medical and office leasing;
- real estate based financing;
- title insurance and survey matters; and,
- multi-phased and mixed use projects.
He also has nearly 20 years of litigation experience in:
- commercial foreclosures and work-outs (including CMBS, FDIC takeover and small business loans);
- landlord/tenant disputes;
- contract disputes;
- title insurance claims;
- lender liability litigation;
- eminent domain; and,
- homeowner’s association disputes.
Tirso assists his clients with practical strategies that maximize business opportunities and mitigate risks. He also advocates on their behalf during complex negotiations and in the courtroom.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Leadership Tampa Bay
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
- Oxford University, Oxford, England, Florida State University Summer Program in Law, 1994
- University of Central Florida, B.S.E.E., 1992
Rate : $$$