Tiye Foley concentrates her practice in commercial litigation, corporate and business disputes, insurance defense, and consumer finance-related litigation. Her background in mechanical engineering lends itself to additional experience in environmental law matters, construction litigation, and intellectual property.
Ms. Foley represents clients in commercial litigation, corporate and business disputes, insurance defense, construction litigation, and consumer finance-related litigation.
She has successfully litigated and resolved various business disputes across the energy, health care, and consumer finance industries; routinely defends insurers in first-party property damage disputes; and has successfully defended lenders and financial institutions in numerous collection actions.
She has also successfully resolved various disputes involving governmental compliance. Ms. Foley’s background in mechanical engineering has also proven useful in defending various technical lawsuits involving environmental disputes, professional engineers, and construction activities.
Ms. Foley is active in the local legal community through her involvement with the NAACP Houston branch. She serves on the branch’s Executive Committee, advising the board on legal matters impacting Houston-area residents.
As co-chair of the Legal Redress Committee, she also organizes and participates in monthly legal clinics where community members are able to consult with attorneys on a pro bono basis.
Tiye is the general counsel for JJ’s I’m Me Foundation and serves on the board of directors. This nonprofit foundation hosts a series of tours for at-risk middle school and high school girls in order to expose them to better opportunities.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Rice University, B.S. Mechanical Engineering and B.A. Hispanic Studies, 2009
- St. John’s School, 2004
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Obtained numerous judgments throughout Texas in favor of lenders and financial institutions pursuing and defending collection actions.
- Successfully litigated various business and commercial disputes across numerous industries, including energy, oil and gas, health care, and consumer finance.
- Successfully prosecuted numerous trademarks before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Successfully defended insurance companies and adjusters in numerous first-party property damage claims throughout Texas related to bad-faith allegations, statutory violations, and coverage issues.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – State Bar of Texas
- Member – Houston Bar Association
- Member – JJ’s I’m Me Foundation Board of Directors, General Counsel
- Member – The Houston’s Mariners Club, Inc.
- Member – Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$