Mr. Tobin M. Dommer is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Tobin has significant experience working with corporate investors, venture capital funds and software, digital media and hardware companies through all stages of growth.
He counsels his clients on a wide range of corporate and intellectual property transactions, including venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, entity formation, equity compensation plans, and licensing of intellectual property. Tobin has represented venture capital and corporate investors, including Storm Ventures, Hydra Ventures, Samsung Ventures, NGEN Partners, Hanwha, and NEA.
- Represented venture capital arms of multi-billion dollar foreign conglomerates in strategic investment transactions.
- Represented leading venture capital investors in their investments in the $30 million Series E Preferred Stock financing of a leading supplier of CPV systems.
- Represented clean-tech venture capital investor in multiple debt and equity financing transactions with values between $5 million and $20 million.
- Represented maker of audience-based solution for online advertising markets in its $20 million Series B Preferred Stock financing with investment from top-tier venture capital firms.
- Represented Ingram Micro (NYSE: IM), in its acquisition of the Odin Service Automation business from the Parallels Holdings Ltd.
- Represented U.S.-based maker of optical communication sensors and components in its acquisition by a Chinese electronics conglomerate.
- Represented the maker of internet and mobile casino/arcade style games and virtual currency game platform in its acquisition by IGT (NYSE:IGT), a leading provider of computerized gaming equipment, software, and network systems.
- Represented France-based maker of bioprocess storage systems in its acquisition of a leading U.S.-based supplier of controlled freeze-thaw technology to the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Represented the maker of software for creating engineering applications in its exclusive license of technology from multinational Nasdaq 100 software company and cross-border acquisition of related business operations.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2000, Technical Editor, Computer & High Technology Law Journal
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1995
Admissions : California
Memberships : Santa Clara County Bar Association
Rate : $$$