Todd Boudreau is a partner and business lawyer with Morrison & Foerster LLP and the co-chair of the Private Funds & Buyout Practice.
Todd advises on all aspects of transactional M&A for private equity and strategic companies, including domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures. He also advises on institutional investments including single investor funds, co-investments, and direct investments.
Mr. Boudreau is an active member of the business community. He serves on various committees of the Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA) and as host for the ILPA’s emerging managers conference and institutional /private equity summit. He is a member of the National Association of State Retirement Administrators (NASRA), National Association of Public Pension Attorneys (NAPPA), and American Bar Association (ABA), and he serves on the ABA’s private equity sub-committee.
Mr. Boudreau has also served on the board of directors of the Boston Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) for six years and as a judge for MassChallenge entrepreneurship competition and the Verizon Powerful Answers Award, and he annually sponsors the Swissnex Entrepreneurship for Technology and Life Sciences.
Mr. Boudreau is Peer Review Rated as AV® Preeminent™, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system. He lives in West Newton with his wife and three daughters.
Private Equity Portfolio Company Transactions
· Counsel to a Boston-based private equity firm in connection with the disposition of a California-based royalty business.
· Counsel to a technology-focused private equity firm in connection with the acquisition of a California-based software company.
· Counsel to a leading alternative investment manager in connection with a Midwest-based proposed acquisition of residential inpatient health services company.
· Counsel to a leading private equity and venture capital firm in connection with a secondary offering of shares for a New York-based medical practice group.
· Counsel to a Canadian investment banking and financial services company in connection with the public offering of shares for a United Kingdom-based diagnostics company.
· Counsel to a Florida-based investment firm in connection with the acquisition of a Midwest-based bedding manufacturing company.
· Counsel to a California-based private equity investment firm in connection with the acquisition of a Southwest-based transportation services company.
· Counsel to a Connecticut-based hedge fund in connection with numerous roll-up acquisitions of aerospace and defense companies in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France, Korea, Canada, China, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Mauritius.
· Counsel to an Italy-based manufacturer of components for gas turbines, steam turbines and aerostructures in connection with the acquisition of U.S.-based aerospace and defense division of a British engineering company.
· Counsel in connection with a U.S.-based independent, assisted, and skilled nursing facilities roll-up for a strategic acquirer.
· Counsel to a leading medical device manufacturer in connection with the acquisition of a U.S. medical device maker.
· Counsel to a California-based environmental services consulting company in connection with the sale to a U.S.-based private equity fund.
· Counsel to a U.S. producer of aerospace components and equipment in connection with the sale of an aerospace and defense company to a leading motion and control technology company.
· Counsel to a U.S. aerospace and defense company in connection with its sale to a graphite electrode and petroleum coke manufacturer.
· Counsel to a U.S.-based SaaS company in connection with the recapitalization of the company with a U.S.-based private equity fund.
· Counsel to a public United Kingdom-based financial technology company in connection with the divestiture of a U.S.-based subsidiary to management (MBO).
· Counsel to a U.S.-based media company in connection with a Series A & B institutional financing.
Limited Partner, Fund Formation and Investment Transactions
· Counsel to fund managers in all aspects of fund formation for discretionary and non-discretionary alternative investment transactions, including fixed income, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, energy, oil and gas, fundraising, and day-to-day governance and compliance.
· Counsel with limited partner representation in connection with discretionary and non-discretionary investments for Oaktree Capital Management, White Deer Energy Fund, KPS Special Situations, AQR Capital Management, PIMCO, Fortress, Altaris Health Partners, Olympus Growth Fund VI, Catterton Partners and Trilantic Capital Partners.
· Counsel to various U.S. and European funds in connection with the sale of limited partnership investment in various private equity, real estate, and venture capital funds (secondaries).
· Counsel in connection with $250 million single investor fund with Credit Suisse Asset Management.
· Counsel in connection with $1.1 billion single investor fund with Cerberus Capital Management.
· Counsel in connection with $500 million single investor fund with Highbridge Capital Management.
· Counsel in connection with $400 million separately managed account with Infrastructure Capital Group (ICG).
· Counsel in connection with $350 million separately managed account with ARES Capital Management.
· Counsel in connection with $350 million separately managed account with LCM Partners.
· Counsel in connection with $200 million direct investment into an Industry Funds Management open-ended infrastructure investment program fund.
· Counsel in connection with $160 million single investor fund to invest alongside White Oak Global Advisors.
*Matters were handled while at a prior firm.
· No Longer “Alternative”: Building a Diverse Impact Theme Portfolio Through Private Equity, Impact Capitalism Summit Nantucket, Nantucket, MA (July 17-18, 2019)
· “Beyond the DDQ,” Panelist, ILPA Emerging Manager Showcase 2018, New York, NY (November 6, 2018)
· “Private Equity Portfolio Company Corporate Governance,” Panelist, 2017 NDI Executive Exchange, Chicago, IL (November 7, 2017)
· “What’s the Fuss about Private Equity Fees?” Moderator, Public Pension Financial Forum, North Charleston, SC (October 23-26, 2016)
· “Working Capital Focused on the Future,” Speaker, McGladrey University, Boston, MA ( June 25, 2014)
· Quoted, “Private Equity Service Provider Predictions for 2019,” Institutional Limited Partners Association (December 2018)
· Interview, “Could Elon Musk lose control of Tesla?” CNN Money (August 18, 2018)
· Featured, “Q&A: How PE Firms are Dealing with Fallout from the Latest Tax Changes,” Pitchbook (July 10, 2018)
· Co-author, “Navigating the Market – Emerging Private Fund Manager Overview to Raising Institutional Investor Capital,” Emerging Manager Monthly (August 1, 2017)
· Quoted, “Personnel Trumps All Factors When Evaluating Emerging Managers: Survey,” Emerging Manager Monthly (August 2017)
· Co-author, “Private Equity Portfolio Company Political Activity,” The Journal of Private Equity (Summer 2016)
· Co-author, “The Bespoke Solution—Advantages and Challenges in Tailoring Single Investor Funds,” Bloomberg BNA Pension & Benefits Daily (August 25, 2015)
· Quoted, “New England deal flow likely to rise for the remainder of the year.” Mergermarket & Dealreporter (July 11, 2014)
· Featured Member, The Link (Summer 2014)
· New York
Rate : $$$$