Todd Boudreau is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and the chair of the Private Funds & Buyout Practice and vice chair of the firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital Practice.
Todd’s work includes all aspects of fund formation and compliance, investment management, and acquisition and divestiture work, including investments in and formation of private funds, single investor funds, co-investments, and direct investments, as well as acquisitions and divestitures for both U.S. and international company transactions, including the following representative work:
Representative Private Equity Portfolio Company Transactions :
- Counsel to ABRY Partners in connection with the disposition of a California-based royalty business.
- Counsel to Accel-KKR in connection with the acquisition of a California-based software company.
- Counsel to Audax Group in connection with a Midwest-based proposed acquisition of residential inpatient health services company.
- Counsel to Baird Capital Partners in connection with secondary offering of shares for a New York-based medical practice group.
- Counsel to Canaccord Genuity in connection with public offering of shares for a U.K.-based diagnostics company.
- Counsel to H.I.G. Capital in connection with acquisition of a Midwest-based bedding manufacturing company.
- Counsel to Platinum Equity in connection with acquisition of a Southwest-based transportation services company.
- Counsel to Silver Point Capital in connection with numerous roll-up acquisitions of aerospace and defense companies in United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Brazil, France, Korea, Canada, China, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Mauritius.
Representative Strategic Transactions :
- Counsel to Pietro Rosa TBM in connection with the acquisition of U.S.-based aerospace and defense division of Doncasters Plc.
- Counsel in connection with U.S.-based independent, assisted, and skilled nursing facilities roll up for strategic acquirer.
- Counsel to California-based environmental services consulting company in connection with the sale to a U.S.-based private equity fund.
- Counsel to Shaw Aero in connection with the sale of an aerospace and defense company to Parker Hannifin.
- Counsel to Fiber Materials International, a U.S. aerospace and defense company, in connection with the sale to GrafTech.
- Counsel to U.S.-based SAAS company in connection with recapitalization of the company with a U.S.-based private equity fund.
- Counsel for U.S.-based media company in connection with a Series A & B institutional financing.
Representative Limited Partner, Fund Formation and Investment Transactions :
- Counsel to fund managers in all aspects of fund formation for discretionary and non-discretionary alternative investment transactions, including fixed income, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, energy, oil and gas, fundraising, and day to day governance and compliance.
- Counsel with limited partner representation in connection with discretionary and non-discretionary investments for Oaktree Capital Management, White Deer Energy Fund, KPS Special Situations, AQR Capital Management, PIMCO, Fortress, Altaris Health Partners, Olympus Growth Fund VI, Catterton Partners and Trilantic Capital Partners.
- Counsel to various U.S. and European funds in connection with the sale of limited partnership investment in various private equity, real estate, and venture capital funds (secondaries).
- Counsel in connection with $250 million single investor fund with Credit Suisse Asset Management.
- Counsel in connection with $1.1 billion single investor fund with Cerberus Capital Management.
- Counsel in connection with $500 million single investor fund with Highbridge Capital Management.
- Counsel in connection with $400 million separately managed account with Infrastructure Capital Group (ICG).
Counsel in connection with $350 million separately managed account with ARES Capital Management.
- Counsel in connection with $350 million separately managed account with LCM Partners.
- Counsel in connection with $160 million single investor fund to invest alongside White Oak Global Advisors.
Todd earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Los Angeles, and his law degree from Suffolk University Law School.
Todd is admitted to practice in New York and Massachusetts. He lives in West Newton with his wife and three daughters.
Prior to joining Foley, Todd practiced at Greenberg Traurig LLP and completed an internship with the Office of The Attorney General, Department of Public Protection, Boston, Massachusetts.
Affiliations and Professional Memberships :
Todd is on various committees of the Institutional Limited Partners Association (“ILPA”), and a host for the ILPA’s emerging managers conference and institutional /private equity summit.
He is a member of the National Association of State Retirement Administrators (“NASRA”), National Association of Public Pension Attorneys (“NAPPA”), American Bar Association (“ABA”), and serves on the private equity sub-committee.
He also served on the board of directors of the Boston Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (“ACG”) for six years and is currently a judge for MassChallenge entrepreneurship competition, the Verizon Powerful Answers Award, and annually sponsors the Swissnex Entrepreneurship for Technology and Life Sciences.
Rate : $$$$