Todd J. Canni is a government contracts lawyer and one of the nation’s leading suspension and debarment lawyers. Todd works out of the Washington, DC and Los Angeles offices. Todd has successfully represented many large and small contractors and individuals in suspension and debarment proceedings before all DoD agencies and nearly all active civilian agencies.
Todd is a former “government insider” and one of only a few private lawyers that formerly served as a government debarring official, which offers clients a unique perspective on how the government prosecutes debarment cases and what it takes to resolve them. Todd also represents contractors facing debarment in parallel civil and/or criminal investigations.
Additionally, Todd’s clients turn to him for all of their government contracting needs, including bid protests, contract claims, contract disputes and terminations, subcontract disputes, data rights counseling, voluntary and mandatory disclosures under the “Mandatory Disclosure Rule,” developing ethics and compliance programs, and all litigation involving a government contract or subcontract, including under the False Claims Act and in the context of de facto debarment.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Successfully represented Continental Service Group Inc., in a bid protest at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims involving the Department of Education’s $2.8 billion contract for debt collection services.
- Successfully represented clients before nearly all civilian and DoD Suspension Debarment Officials, including the Air Force, Army, DLA, Navy, EPA, GSA, DHS, Interior, NASA, NSF,OPM and SBA, among others.
- Successfully represented clients in parallel civil and criminal proceedings, including False Claims Act matters, involving simultaneous interest and enforcement by the Department of Justice, U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, and agency Suspension Debarment Officials.
- Successfully resolved contract disputes and claims before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals and U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Specific client engagements withheld due to sensitivity, but client references available upon request.
- LL.M., Government Procurement Law, The George Washington University Law School
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
- B.A., Hofstra University
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Maryland, California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
CLERKSHIPS : Served as law clerk for the Hon. Edward Damich, then the sitting Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Rate : $$$$