Todd Gustin is co-chair of Venable’s Life Sciences Group. Todd represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, including venture capital and private equity investments, franchise transactions, and joint ventures and strategic alliances.
He also counsels clients in technology and commercial transactions, including licensing, outsourcing, and general corporate planning. His clients include private and public companies and their investors in the healthcare, life sciences, hospitality, technology, financial services, professional services and education industries.
- Represented an acquiring bank in its acquisition of First Mariner Bank in a 363 bankruptcy sale from its holding company, First Mariner Bancorp
- Assisted in the sale of a surgical monitoring business to investors led by a national private equity firm for an aggregate value of more than $40 million, including retention of a 25% equity stake
- Represented the borrower in a music publishing transaction, including a $330 million equity investment and a senior subordinated financing of $70 million, in the context of a workout
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of a calibration services division of General Electric Corporation and a related financing transaction
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed, Fortune 250 provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of a distribution business for an aggregate value of $19 million, including earn-out.
- Represented the borrower in connection with the restructuring of its €32,000,000 credit facility with a European lender.
- J.D.Georgetown University Law Center2002
- B.A.Boston College1996
Bar Admissions :
- District of Columbia
- New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
Rate : $$$$