Mr. Todd Colvard has handled a wide range of disputes involving claims of construction defects, breach of contract, breach of warranty, employment-related claims, real estate disputes, product and premises liability matters, and personal injury claims.
Goal-oriented in his approach, he takes pride in acting as both an advisor and partner in addressing his clients’ legal and business needs and implementing the best strategy for their circumstances.
Mr. Colvard’s extensive experience as a litigator includes having successfully prosecuted and defended numerous of breach of contract and construction defect claims on behalf of a wide range of clients.
He has successfully prosecuted numerous breach of contract claims, including on behalf of an interstate pipeline company, a government entity (as owner), and a major chemical manufacturer. The latter involved a 33-day American Arbitration Association proceeding, resulting in an award of $22 million in damages to the client.
In another matter, Mr. Colvard represented approximately 1,500 coal miners against the manufacturers and distributors of isocyanate-containing products for claims of personal injury and product liability. This case was the largest civil action in Alabama history resulting in a favorable recovery on behalf of plaintiffs.
- University of Georgia, B.B.A.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- The State of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section)
- Association of General Contractors, Houston Chapter
- Houston Contractors Association
Rate : $$$