Todd Denison represents individuals and business entities in the areas of business transactions and operations, partnership and corporate taxation, real and personal property transactions, trust and estates, charitable organizations, employee stock ownership plans and other qualified retirement plans, captive insurance, international transactions and taxation, tax controversies with the IRS and elder law.
Mr. Denison’s clients include a regional engineering firm, national advertising agency, regional construction firm, regional stone and interior design firm and numerous family-owned businesses operating locally, regionally and internationally.
Mr. Denison was with Lyons, Pipes & Cook in Mobile before the firm joined Phelps Dunbar. Mr. Denison served in the U.S. Army from 1986-1990, attaining the rank of Captain, and was posted in the Federal Republic of Germany.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2004
- University of Montana School of Law, J.D., 2003
- University of Montana, M.A., 1993
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- State Bar of Montana
- American Bar Association, Sections on Business Law and International Developments in Corporate Governance; Taxation; Probate and Property; Communications Law Forum
- Baldwin Bar Association
- University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies, Federal Tax Clinic (Board of Directors, President- 2014)
- Estate Planning Council of Mobile, Inc.
- ESOP Association (Member, Legislative and Regulatory Committee)
- Boys and Girls Club of South Alabama (Board of Directors, Executive Committee)
- Serves as corporate counsel for several area businesses with regional, national and international operations.
- Represented ESOPs in selling stock to strategic buyers.
- Formed and counseled numerous closely held businesses.
- Counseled a business client in the acquisition of a Caribbean resort interest.
- Counseled high net worth individuals with sophisticated estate plans.
Rate : $$$