Todd S. McClelland advises clients on data breach response and other information security-related issues, including pre-breach cybersecurity risk assessment and management, compliance, response preparedness, and other risk mitigation activities. He also counsels clients on data privacy issues, outsourcing transactions, technology and data licensing, technology audits, and cloud transactions.
Todd has particular experience with PCI/payment system incidents, HIPAA-related incidents, critical infrastructure security, global privacy compliance, and IP theft. He has advised hospitals, payment processors, retailers, financial institutions, and traditional “brick and mortar” companies on data security incidents and pre-breach preparedness.
Before joining Jones Day in 2014, he represented a global business information concern in connection with a sophisticated APT intrusion by organized criminal actors that impacted data assets and systems worldwide. He also advised a global payment processor in connection with a complex cyber crime investigation involving a sophisticated APT intrusion.
On the outsourcing side of his practice, Todd has represented a power distribution concern in a statewide comprehensive smart grid initiative; a global transportation company in outsourcing components of its IT platform, international F&A functions, and ADM functions; one of the largest big-box home improvement stores in the outsourcing of infrastructure management services; and a large independent power producer in the sourcing of multiple HR and IT processes.
Todd is a frequent speaker at professional seminars and author of articles on cybersecurity. He is a past chair of the IP Section of the State Bar of Georgia, a founding member of the Atlanta chapter of the Cloud Security Alliance, and member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and the CISO Executive Network.
- Florida State University (J.D. 1998; Member, Law Review; Executive Editor, Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law);
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with high honors 1994)
- District of Columbia, and registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- SAP to acquire Qualtrics for $8 billion
- Adecco Group acquires General Assembly Space, Inc. for $412.5 million
- Citizens Bank provides $150 million credit facility to Golden West Packaging Group
- Wellspring Capital Management sells Crosman Corporation to Compass Diversified Holdings for $152 million
- FactSet Research Systems acquires Interactive Data Managed Solutions
- HIPAA Covered Entity investigates possible disclosure of health information to government agency
- Marvin’s, Inc. acquired by Tyndale Advisors
- Jefferies and Barclays complete $231 million public offering of Common Stock by AMAG Pharmaceuticals
Rate : $$$