Todd Schwartz is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation and Asbestos Litigation Practices. Mr. Schwartz currently practices in the fields of mass toxic tort and environmental litigation, products liability, general negligence and general transportation litigation.
Throughout his career, Mr. Schwartz has been involved in many different areas of tort and business litigation representing clients ranging from small, personally owned companies, to large multinational Fortune 500 corporations. Over the last twelve years, he has managed and resolved thousands of asbestos claims on the local, regional and national level.
Mr. Schwartz takes an active participation in the case from fact and expert discovery until resolution of the matter, including trial and appeal. Mr. Schwartz currently serves in the role of national asbestos coordinating counsel for an electrical parts supply company.
Mr. Schwartz has defended numerous corporations and insurance companies in toxic/mass tort and environmental litigation. He has specialized in the defense of manufacturers, retailers and premise owners in those cases. Mr. Schwartz has handled numerous general liability and defective product cases, several involving fires in various types of products.
In addition, Mr. Schwartz has represented automotive supply companies, handling their transportation, products liability and general negligence claims. Throughout his career, Mr. Schwartz’s practice area has included many diverse areas, including transportation litigation, contract and business disputes, real estate litigation, bankruptcy, personal injury, secured creditor collections, as well as serving as outside general counsel for a regional employment and temporary staffing company.
- Rutgers School of Law Camden, Juris Doctor, 1991
- University of Kentucky, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1987
- State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- State Supreme Courts, Georgia Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- State Bar Association of Georgia, Products Liability Section
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Products Liability Committee
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Mass Tort Substantive Law Committee, Current Co-Chairman
Rate : $$$