M. Todd Tuten advises clients on a broad range of legislative and regulatory matters, with a particular focus on health care. He works closely with congressional leaders, senior agency officials and key advocates to advance clients’ objectives in the context of related legislation and regulations.Todd plays a principal role in the representation of major health care clients and works actively with diverse coalitions of health care providers, medical professionals, patient advocates and other stakeholders to ensure Medicare and Medicaid payment equity, to promote coverage of essential services and to preserve access to innovations in care.
He also has led efforts to advance the firm’s health care innovations practice, which provides specialized knowledge and advice to investors, payers, and pharmaceutical and device manufacturers seeking to successfully navigate the challenges facing new products and treatments as they move from concept to commercialization in the health care marketplace.His extensive private- and public-sector experience includes serving as a principal at Patton Boggs LLP, as director of public policy for the American Academy of Actuaries, and as chief of staff to the chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Health Subcommittee.
- Works successfully with diverse coalitions in the health care sector.
- Leads efforts to advance health care innovations from concept to commercialization.
- Plays a principal role in the firm’s representation of major health care clients.
- Expanding care coordination options for chronically ill Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Strengthening veterans’ access to quality health care services and promoting innovations in care delivery and technology.
- Increasing federal support for efforts to improve care to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, their families and caregivers.
- Promoting industry best practices as the standard of care for pharmacy services in long-term care.
- Securing federal funding for client projects and policy priorities.
- Engaged CMS Innovation Center to advance a successful model for enhanced care coordination.
- Obtained favorable Medicare coverage decisions for colorectal cancer and prescription heart medications.
- Advancing health information technology solutions to strengthen program integrity and improve health care quality.
- Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society
- Q Street Professional Association
- Citizens for Fauquier County.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1990
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, magna cum laude, 1986
Rate : $$$