Tom DeFilipps chairs our West Coast Corporate Practice Group. He counsels clients on a range of legal matters, including corporate formation, venture capital financings, public offerings, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and public company governance and disclosure.
He represents both U.S. and foreign companies across many technology industries, including semiconductor, software, fintech, digital media, telecommunications, internet infrastructure, e-commerce, social networking, alternative energy and renewables, and life sciences.
Mr. DeFilipps has handled a significant number of public offerings for NASDAQ and NYSE-listed corporations, including Dolby Laboratories, Trimble Navigation, and Altera Corporation. He has also been involved in numerous ventures capital financings, including transactions with almost every notable venture capital firm in Silicon Valley.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1981
- Stanford University, B.S./B.A., 1978
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Samuel Conti, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1981
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Represented Corsair Components in its IPO process (strategic transaction with private equity firm Francisco Partners before pricing).
- Represented VeriSilicon Holdings (a foreign private issuer) in its U.S. IPO process.
- Represented a software security company in its IPO process.
- Represented Flextronics International in its acquisition of Motorola Mobility’s global manufacturing operations.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Member, Advisory Forum, Center on the Legal Profession (Stanford Law School)
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Exploratorium (former)
- Volunteer, Stanford Law School-Campaign Steering Committee
- Member, Stanford Athletic Board (former)
Rate : $$$