Tom Oslovar is a technology transactions attorney who specializes in mergers and acquisitions, technology transaction agreements such as licensing agreements, IP assignments, co-marketing agreements, development agreements, and intellectual property issues that arise in transactional matters related to venture capital and private equity financings and public and private securities offerings.
In addition, Tom provides general legal advice to clients regarding their business operations, legal best practices, and technology compliance.
Tom also advises clients on open source-related issues in the compliance and M&A contexts. His work involves remediating open source issues in software products, developing and maintaining open source use policies, and providing general education regarding open source issues to clients’ engineering and technical personnel.
Tom represents startups, investors, and public companies in a variety of sectors including software, Internet, interactive advertising, cloud computing, biopharmaceuticals, sustainable energy, infotainment, automotive, video games, fitness analytics, semiconductors, and mobile navigation, among other sectors.
Tom believes that to properly represent clients in the technology industry, it is critical to understand the technology their clients seek to protect and exploit. With this belief, Tom stays well-informed on industry trends and competitive forces effecting his clients’ businesses so that he can quickly address issues as they relate to their evolving technologies and business models.
- Representation of a global consumer measurement company in its open source software compliance efforts
- Representation of a major Hollywood movie studio in a significant outsourcing agreement for post-production services
- Representation of a major infotainment and audio equipment manufacturer in its negotiation of commercial license agreements
- Representation of Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. in its $1 billion cash and stock acquisition of Dealer Dot Com, Inc.
- Representation of Exar Corporation in its $223 million acquisition of Integrated Memory Logic Limited
- Representing a leading provider of services to the automobile retail industry in its US$1 billion acquisition of a digital marketing solutions and services company
- Representing the lead investor in a US$50 million Series C financing round for an innovative technology company and creator of the world’s first social magazine
- Representing a 3-D X-ray microscope manufacturer in its acquisition by a leading optical systems and medical devices manufacturer
- Representing a predictive analytics company in its acquisition by a major multinational enterprise software company
- Representing a leading provider of network, data center, and storage infrastructure solutions in its acquisition of a business unit of a major communications company
- Representing a developer of a mass transit app in its acquisition by a multinational hardware and software developer
- Representing a cloud solutions provider in the drafting and negotiation of its commercial agreements with customers
- Representing a non-profit organization in the drafting and negotiation of its commercial and grant funding agreements
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D.; Order of the Coif; Chief Articles Editor, Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs
- Point Loma Nazarene University, B.A., History: summa cum laude
Rate : $$$