Toni Read is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Ms. Read has represented corporate clients and individuals in all aspects of complex employment law.
Ms. Read represents businesses in all types of employment litigation, including the defense of employment discrimination cases and administrative proceedings, wrongful discharge cases, wage and hour litigation, employment contract matters, restrictive covenant and trade secret litigation.
Ms. Read also counsels businesses on a variety of employment matters such as the preparation of human resource policies, employment discrimination statutes, family and medical leave laws, discipline and discharge, employee investigations and reductions in the workforce.
A magna cum laude graduate of Duke University, she received her law degree from the University of North Carolina Law School with honors and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, with honors
- Duke University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude
- State Bar Admissions, Georgia
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- State Appellate Courts, Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Representative Cases :
- On behalf of a Fortune 50 company, successfully obtained summary judgment in a race, age and disability discrimination case
- On behalf of a large manufacturing client, successfully obtained summary judgment and significant attorneys’ fees awards in age discrimination lawsuit in California state court
- Successfully prosecuted and defended litigation involving trade secrets, non-competition and other restrictive covenants in multiple federal and state court jurisdictions, including one matter which yielded a seven figure settlement in favor of the client
- Conducted compliance training and employment law audits for air transportation, communications, staffing, health care, hotel and restaurant clients
Rate : $$$