Tony Toranto is a partner in the Real Estate, Corporate and Finance Practice Groups in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) and San Francisco offices. He is Team Leader of the firm’s Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance industry team.
Tony Toranto is a nationally recognized finance and commercial lawyer with three areas of concentration: corporate, real estate, and energy transactions. Mr. Toranto is a JD/MBA who started his career as a client in private equity, and he brings that commercial understanding to every deal.
Mr. Toranto is the Chair of the firm’s Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance Team, including the firm’s preeminent renewable energy practice. He regularly advises clients on conventional and renewable projects, including some of the largest energy projects in the industry.
Mr. Toranto is recognized as a leading transactional attorney, not only in California but nationally. He regularly counsels clients on a wide range of corporate and transactional matters, including advising sponsors, creditors and investors on capital, acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing transactions. He has advised sponsors, borrowers, lenders, investors, guarantors and other clients on hundreds of transactions totaling billions of dollars.
- Representation of pension fund lender in connection with $1.2 billion loan for one of the largest private real estate development projects in the US.
- Negotiation of real estate, acquisition, joint venture agreements, mezzanine loans and secured construction financing for over $1 billion of condominium projects in San Francisco, California.
- Representation of investor in connection with acquisition, development and financing of major coffee farm in Kona, Hawaii.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the development of a shopping center in Northern California, including negotiating the purchase agreement for the overall site, as well as purchase agreements and leases with national retailers for outparcels or space within the center.
- Representation of lender in connection with an approximately $90 million loan on a redevelopment project in Southern California, including a deferred equity agreement and affordable housing.
- Representation of lender in a $60 million financing in connection with a portfolio of cross-collateralized income properties.
- Representation of borrower in the workout of approximately $30 million in loans from multiple lenders in connection with a large condominium project in Northern California.
- Representation of buyer in connection with the negotiation of a hotel purchase and sale agreement, together with related agreements involving non-compete issues, subdivision issues, and future development rights.
- Advised renewable energy developer in US energy regulatory and tax related matters in connection with its European IPO.
- Representation of lender in development and deployment solar project debt financing program, including representation in connection with dozens of loans totaling billions of dollars.
- J.D., Stanford Law School
- M.B.A., Stanford University
- M.A., Stanford University, 1994
- A.B., Stanford University, 1994, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- State Bar of California
- Salk Institute Excelerators – Cabinet Member
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Young Real Estate Professionals (Land Dogs) – Founder and Member
- La Jolla Country Day-Building and Grounds Committee
Rate : $$$$