Tonya M. Gray is a trial attorney who represents and counsels clients in business and intellectual property disputes. Tonya’s practice encompasses complex civil and commercial litigation matters at both the trial and appellate levels and in both federal and state court.
She provides a business-minded and practical approach that yields positive outcomes, whether that be trying a case or negotiating a favorable resolution.
Tonya represents clients ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses. She has a broad-based practice that includes intellectual property cases, technology licensing matters, contract disputes, fiduciary claims, real estate management and construction disputes, and general business and tort matters.
Tonya’s intellectual property litigation experience is significant, comprising over 15 years and over 100 cases in which she has defended patent infringement suits and trade secret misappropriation claims and in a myriad of industries and technologies.
She has successfully represented clients against intellectual property claims involving battery technology, internet advertising, check imaging, video games, electronic gift cards, online banking and e-commerce.
- Defended regional bank in defense of fraud, trade secret, and contract claims relating to cash management software; judgment and attorneys’ fees affirmed on appeal
Obtained summary judgment for national retailer on claims for breach of deed restrictions and nuisance
- Secured dismissal for real estate management company on claims of disparate impact and discrimination related to leasing policies
- Represented national banks in numerous patent litigation cases involving check imaging and online banking
- Represented national retailers in patent litigation relating to secure online purchases and ecommerce
- Represented Japanese telecommunications company in litigation involving patent rights to lithium battery technology
- Represented national media company in patent infringement case involving software for managing radio inventory and revenue
- Represented banking and financial services company in certificate-holder litigation involving its role as trustee for commercial mortgage backed securities trusts; successfully obtained judgment dismissing plaintiff’s claims
- Defended a publicly-traded Internet advertising provider in a suit involving business torts and breach of contract claims
- JD, Vanderbilt Law School, Vanderbilt Law Review, Notes Development Editor, 1999
- BS, Missouri State University, magna cum laude, Accounting in the Honors College, Presidential Scholar, University Honors Council, 1996
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US District Court, District of North Dakota
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$