Torrey Michelle Peterson focuses her practice on chemotherapy drug and surgical device litigation, drafting motions and pleadings. As a litigator, she focuses on the representation of medical device and pharmaceutical companies in large multidistrict litigation and class action lawsuits.
Torrey was a 2016 summer associate at Shook, working in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device, Global Product Liability, Tort and Business Litigation practice areas.
During law school, Torrey interned for The Hon. Rodney W. Sippel, Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court of Missouri, Eastern District. She also attended the Mini-Medical School at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, gaining insight and training in medicine, patient care, and surgical techniques from the school’s distinguished faculty.
Torrey participated in her law school’s civil litigation clinic, where she first-chaired a trial and won, and later was named the school’s Clinic Student of the Year. In addition, she served as an assistant coach to St. Louis University’s undergraduate mock trial program.
Torrey is a member of the editorial board for Electronic Discovery Institute’s EDI Spoliation Guide, for which Shook Partner Patrick Oot serves as editor-in-chief.
- J.D., cum laude, St. Louis University School of Law, 2017
- B.S., magna cum laude, Kansas State University, 2014 (Political Science, minors in Leadership Studies and Communications Studies)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- American Royal, Governor
- Liquor Control Board of Review of Kansas City, Missouri, Board Member
- The Cause Church, Preschool Teacher
- Parkinson’s Research, Fundraising Volunteer
- Rock Creek High School Debate and Forensics, Former Assistant Coach and Volunteer
- CATTS Gymnastics and Dance, Former Competitive Coach and Volunteer
Rate : $$$$