Torsten M. Kracht represents clients from the U.S. and abroad in complex commercial litigation and arbitration. A litigation partner in the Washington, DC and New York offices, Torsten has served as trial counsel in jury and bench trials in various jurisdictions, and as arbitration counsel in AAA, NASD and ICC proceedings.
He has particular experience counseling clients on litigation strategies that effectively balance legal risk and business goals, and in leading internal investigations related to threatened or actual litigation.
Torsten is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey and the District of Columbia, and in multiple federal districts and circuit courts of appeal.
- Managing litigation dockets for a multi-national Fortune 50 and a multi-national Fortune 500.
- Representing various Fortune 500 entities in federal antitrust matters, including cases involving allegations of monopolization and attempted monopolization in the utility industry; bundled discounting in the healthcare industry; price fixing and market allocation in the food and polyurethane industries and a unique case of exclusionary conduct in Mexico, which he argued before Mexico’s Antitrust Commission.
- Developing and implementing trial strategy of foreign entity in related patent cases pending in the US, Korea and Japan.
- Coordinating appeal of False Claims Act judgement entered against foreign contractor.
Leading the development, documentation and training of in-house lawyers on e-discovery and litigation protocols.
- Developing and implementing plaintiff-side and claims practices for corporate clients to aid law departments in generating revenue.
- Obtained one of the largest RICO settlements ($297 million) on behalf of healthcare network and others against major US food distributor and its former foreign parent company.
- Obtained $22 million settlement on behalf of class of healthcare providers and others in antitrust case against major global medical-device manufacturer.
- JD, Rutgers University School of Law, with Distinction and International Law Honors, 1998
- BBA, Finance and Operations Management, University of Massachusetts (Amherst), cum laude, 1993
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- Pro Bono General Counsel, Fulbright Association
- Member, Litigation, Antitrust, International and Intellectual Property Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, International Section, New York State Bar Association
- Executive Board, Great Falls Citizens Association
- Vice-chair of publications and chair of the editorial board, NYSBA International Law Practicum
Rate : $$$