Townsend L. Bourne is a partner in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Ms. Bourne represents clients of all sizes on matters relating to the myriad of issues affecting government contractors.
Her experience includes complex litigation in connection with the Contract Disputes Act and the False Claims Act, bid protest actions both challenging and defending agency decisions on contract awards before the Government Accountability Office and Court of Federal Claims, claims litigation before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, investigating and preparing contractor claims, and conducting internal investigations.
She also advises clients on compliance with government regulations relating to cybersecurity, data rights, the GSA Schedule program, subcontracts, procurement integrity, and mandatory disclosure. In addition to her practice, Ms. Bourne writes frequently on legal and regulatory developments affecting the Government Contracts industry.
- Successfully defended large government contractor in False Claims Act dispute before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Represented major contractor before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals in contract dispute with the Department of the Interior that resulted in favorable settlement for client
- Represented major international aerospace company before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals in data rights dispute with the Government that resulted in favorable settlement for client
- Successful prosecution and defense of numerous bid protests before the Government Accountability Office for a variety of clients including large defense contractors and GSA schedule vendors
- Conducted internal investigations for large government contractors and counseled clients regarding resolution of investigations involving mandatory disclosure of contract overpayments and the Procurement Integrity Act
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 2009, cum laude, Notes Editor, George Mason Law Review
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2006, summa cum laude
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- National Defense Industrial Association
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Rate : $$$$