Tracey L. Mihelic counsels clients globally on renewable energy projects from inception through commercial operation. Tracey first became involved in wind power, air quality and greenhouse gas emission matters because she was passionate about protecting the environment and creating a sustainable world.
She now implements client renewable energy ventures around the world, working with developers and owners from design to function. Clients appreciate her tenacity in negotiating agreements, protecting their interests and quickly resolving conflicts.
Her experience includes drafting leases, land purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements, financing agreements, purchase orders, EPCs, MIPAs, PPAs, construction contracts, vendor contracts and asset purchase agreements as well as working with clients to resolve issues that arise during construction through commercial operation. On behalf of clients, she handles :
- Energy law
- Environmental law
- Climate change matters
- Clean energy transactions
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) matters
Her background in compliance counseling – national and international regulatory compliance, permitting, negotiating with administrative agencies and presenting to community groups – gives her insight into permitting and compliance needs as a project moves forward. Using her mediation training and experience, Tracey creates solutions with suppliers, buyers and service providers. She also addresses company and counter-party risks when unanticipated changes in the project, regulations or the market occur.
Tracey finds it deeply rewarding to see and touch end-stage client renewable energy projects that contribute to developing a sustainable world.
- Drafted and negotiated financing agreements, leases, land purchase and sale agreements, nondisclosure agreements, gas rights, power purchase agreements, construction contracts, and emissions reduction purchase and sale agreements.
- Built internal sustainability initiatives, contract management systems and compliance playbooks.
- Evaluated viability of solar energy and landfill methane projects in Northeast and Southeast.
- Analyzed current and pending amendments to domestic and international regulations, protocols, guidance and precedents applicable to business and interacted with regulators to interpret or obtain changes to rules.
- Developed internal corporate programs related to climate change for international organizations and assessed compliance with such programs. Conducted due diligence related to manufacturing and energy projects worldwide and drafted and negotiated agreements relating to construction and operation of carbon-reducing projects and energy projects.
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Admissions : Illinois, Utah
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Utah Bar
- Illinois Bar
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy
Rate : $$$$