Travis J. Anderson is a partner in the Labor and Employment and Business Trial Practice Groups in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) Office. Mr. Anderson defends employers in civil actions involving various types of employment-related claims including wrongful termination, whistle-blower actions, discrimination, harassment, pay stub claims, wage and hour claims, and contract actions.
Mr. Anderson also prosecutes workplace violence restraining orders on behalf of employers and their employees. Mr. Anderson counsels and advises clients on these issues. Mr. Anderson has served as a reporter on employment discrimination cases for Bender’s California Labor & Employment Bulletin.
Mr. Anderson prosecutes and defends actions involving trade secret claims, unfair competition, and enforcement of restrictive covenants and non-competes. Mr. Anderson advises clients on employee-mobility issues and how to protect sensitive and valuable information.
Mr. Anderson represents clients in a variety of commercial disputes including fraud, breach of contract, defamation, unfair competition, and corporate deadlock and dissolution proceedings. Mr. Anderson has represented owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in connection with private and public works construction projects.
- J.D., University of San Diego, 2009, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Research Editor of San Diego Law Review
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2005, universali cum honore
- United States District Court – Southern District of California
- Obtained nearly $8 million in settlement for a plaintiff business in a misappropriation of trade secrets case.
- Obtained terminating sanctions and default judgment against a defendant in a defamation case for destroying evidence.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of high-profile whistleblower and wrongful termination case on behalf of employer.
- Obtained terminating sanctions and monetary sanctions of over $100,000 against the plaintiff in a wrongful termination case.
- Obtained over a dozen restraining orders to protect employers and their employees against workplace violence and civil harassment.
Rate : $$$$