Travis Dayhuff provides hospitals, nursing homes, pharmacies, federally qualified health centers, and other healthcare providers regulatory advice and litigation services in administrative law matters involving the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control, the S.C. Department of Health and Human Services, and the S.C. Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.
These administrative law matters include Certificate of Need, health licensing, controlled substances enforcement actions, trauma level designations, nursing home enforcement actions, Medicaid appeals, and professional licensing.
He also advises and litigates in matters involving medical staff bylaws and hospital peer review, and he represents healthcare clients in business litigation cases. Travis has litigated before the S.C. Administrative Law Court, S.C. Circuit Court, Federal District Court, and state and federal appellate courts.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, cum laude (1998)
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, MA, American History (1994)
- Clemson University, BA, History (1992)
- South Carolina
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Represents professionals and corporations in matters before the Board of Medical Examiners, the Board of Pharmacy, and other Boards under the purview of the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Advises and assists hospitals and other healthcare providers in their efforts to obtain regulatory approvals for new healthcare facilities and services
- Appellate practice includes representing clients before the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and South Carolina’s Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
- Litigation practice includes representing clients before the United States District Court, the South Carolina Administrative Law Court, and other state courts
- Health Care Section, South Carolina Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, South Carolina’s Protection and Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc. (2010-current)
- Board of Directors, Communities in Schools of the Midlands, Inc. (June 2000-June 2006)
- Mock Trial Coach
- Youth Basketball Coach
Rate : $$$$