Drawing on a decade of service in state and federal government, Travis Jordan represents clients in natural resource litigation and assists them in navigating complex regulatory landscapes. Travis brings practical energy and agribusiness knowledge to his practice as well as experience as a federal judicial law clerk for the U.S. District Court of Wyoming.
Prior to his legal career, Travis spent nine years on Capitol Hill advising U.S. Senator Mike Enzi on natural resource, environment, federal land and regulatory oversight issues. Travis also served as a member of Wyoming Gov. Dave Freudenthal’s policy staff where he assisted state officials in implementing energy and natural resource policies. During law school, Travis interned with the State of Alaska Department of Law in the Natural Resources Section.
Having worked in the oil and gas industry as a toolpusher and lease operator in Wyoming’s Powder River Basin, Travis uses first-hand industry knowledge to serve clients.
Travis’ expertise in the food and agribusiness industry extends back to his years growing up on a family-operated sheep and cattle ranch in Wyoming. While serving on Capitol Hill, he later managed legislation related to food safety, livestock marketing, commodity regulation and international trade.
This experience includes his role in crafting two Farm Bills and negotiating the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010. While participating in overseas congressional trade missions, Travis also advocated for the expansion of U.S. agricultural exports and adoption of scientific-based food safety standards.
Professional Associations :
- Colorado Environmental Management Society
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Wyoming Stock Growers Association
- Petroleum Association of Wyoming
- George Washington University Law School, J.D. Senior Articles Editor, George Washington Journal of Energy & Environmental Law (2016)
- George Washington University, M.P.S. (2010)
- University of Wyoming, B.S. (2007)
Bar Admissions : Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
Clerkships : U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming, Hon. Scott W. Skavdahl, 2016-2017
Rate : $$$