Trent M. Sutton provides strategic advice and counsel to multinational employers on a wide range of international employment and compliance matters. He also serves as Office Managing Shareholder of Littler’s Rochester, New York, office.
Trent uses his experience and extensive international network to guide multinational employers on the intricacies associated with employment in multiple nations and the difficulties associated with conflicting jurisdictional obligations, including such areas as :
- International bribery and corruption investigations
- Global mobility programs and expatriate workforces, including advice on the relevant guidelines and practices as well as the benefits and limitations associated with secondments, independent contractors, and localization structures
- Global codes of conduct and international policies
- Discrimination and harassment
- The employment cycle including applications, interviewing, hiring, discipline, promotions, demotions, recordkeeping and terminations
Trent also regularly advises companies within the U.S., whether foreign or domestic, on the requirements and strategies necessary to comply with U.S. employment and labor law. A successful litigator of employment and corporate matters, Trent initially began as a plaintiff’s lawyer, but now exclusively defends global and multi-national corporations’ management in employment claims involving, among other things : Discrimination, Harassment, Wage and hour, Employment contracts.
He handles district and appellate level actions in state and federal courts and before agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights. Trent is a frequent speaker and trainer across the globe on international and U.S. workplace issues and the author of numerous publications.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, 2003
- M.P.A., Syracuse University
- B.A., Brigham Young University
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, International Law and Labor and Employment sections, State Bar of California
- Member, International Law and Labor and Employment sections, New York State Bar Association
- Member, International Law and Labor and Employment sections, Utah State Bar
- Member, International Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Employment & Immigration Committee, Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
Rate : $$$