Trevor C. Jones focuses his practice on product liability, mass-tort litigation, and commercial litigation. In addition to his expansive litigation experience as a private practitioner, Trevor has a unique background as a former judicial law clerk to two federal judges and three Florida appellate-court judges.
During his considerable time with the courts, Trevor was exposed to all aspects of civil litigation and gained valuable insight into the judicial system, which he draws from when formulating case strategy, analyzing legal issues, and drafting arguments for his clients.
Trevor is an active leader in the community. As an Officer and Board Member of the Broward County Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Trevor established and serves as chair of the Federal Law Clerk’s Division, which aims to foster relationships between current and former federal law clerks and holds an annual recruitment reception for term law clerks to interact with prospective employers.
Trevor also serves as Co-Chair of the Chapter’s Law Student Division that focuses on exposing law students to federal practice issues and encourages students to interact with the federal judiciary and practitioners.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, magna cum laude, 2011; Order of the Coif; Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law, Associate Editor
- B.S., West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 2005; Economics, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida, 2011
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Joan A. Lenard, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Patrick M. Hunt, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Vincent G. Torpy, Jr., Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable F. Rand Wallis, Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Bruce W. Jacobus, Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal
- Federal Bar Association, Broward Chapter: Treasurer; Board Member; Federal Law Clerks Division, Chair; Law School Division, Co-Chair
- Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth (HANDY), Former NextGen Board Member 2015-2016
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Ghost Light Society
Rate : $$$$