Since Trevor Whiffen’s call to the Bar, he has developed a busy litigation practice with an emphasis on commercial disputes, employment law, and sports and entertainment issues.
During his career, he has conducted hearings before the Superior Court of Justice, the federal Competition Tribunal, the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal, and various administrative boards.
He has also argued appeals in the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Appeal, and has appeared as counsel before the Supreme Court of Canada. Trevor has also acted as counsel in a claim against the U.S. State Department and the State of Florida concerning a violation of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- McMaster University, B.A.
- Queen’s University, LL.B.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 1985
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Sports Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Bar Association, Sports and Entertainment Law Division
- Member of the Ontario Hockey League Board of Governors
Rate : $$$