Trey Overdyke is an industrial safety litigator who represents clients in all aspects of workplace safety and crisis management, including internal investigations, defense of regulatory enforcement actions, and civil litigation following an industrial incident.
Trey has served as lead counsel on some of the largest industrial accidents and regulatory enforcement actions in the Rocky Mountain West.
Trey regularly counsels companies following major incidents, including process safety events, well fires, and fatalities. Trey represents companies during government investigations conducted by OSHA, MSHA, U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB), DOT, various state agencies and whistleblower actions, including all phases of subsequent administration challenges.
Trey tries commercial litigation cases including personal injury suits across a number of industries, oil and gas disputes, such as class action royalty cases, and high-stakes litigation concerning lease and contract interpretation.
- Incident Response and Counseling
- Trey leads internal investigations, counsels clients on evidence preservation, and provides risk management analysis in crisis situations. He provides customized training for employees, supervisors, and management, including Process Safety Management compliance; voluntary compliance safety audits; and advice on application of standards to specific workplaces. Trey and his team are available 24/7.
- Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement
- Trey has successfully defended companies in regulatory enforcement actions in all phases of the enforcement process throughout the Rocky Mountain West, Alaska, North Dakota, and various states across the country. Trey specializes in safety compliance, including OSHA, MSHA, DOT, PHMSA, and the Chemical Safety Board.
- Civil Litigation
- Trey litigates cases involving personal injury defense, commercial disputes, oil and gas operating agreements, and class action defense.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2007
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., 2001
Bar Admissions : Wyoming
Rate : $$$